Saturday, March 29, 2014

Fall Colored Throw Blanket - Done

I started this blanket September 17th 2012. I've been working on it between other projects and am so pleased to tell you, that as of this morning... it's done! :) I'm so pleased with how it turned out that I've taken a copious amount of photos (...and I plan to take more!!) and sharing them in an extra large format.

 I'm glad I went with the blue edging... as I was finishing the last edging row I was excited to see it done (as you can imagine ;)). Though, I think if I make another one I'd finish it with a gray edging... maybe a simple acrylic gray edging, just to change it up and create a clean edge. The blue really pulls out the hues in the blanket, they all dance to my eye. I appreciate that I had enough different colors and textures to randomly select from as I worked on it as I think it adds an eclectic log cabin cozy feel. I am reminded of the photos you see on pinterest, of the stacks of linens, blankets or quilts that make you want to curl up with a good book and grab ALL the blankets from the stack! :)

If you'd like to make a version of this for yourself or a loved one, I've seen this pattern called harlequin and greenway. The free ravelry download can be found here.

Are you wondering how long this took to make?Are you *sure* you want to know?  Each square row of color took an hour to crochet. The edging itself took at least 20 hours in total. Final measurements are: 49" x 65"

I stayed consistent on the edges, all had a diamond ripple effect. This of course meant going back through to  each of the edge colors and adding stitches... well. worth it.I would do it again, just add the diagonal as I did the rows so I wouldn't have to go back, adding half a square to each of the rows was a tedious and daunting task, but once a handmade blanket is done, it's done! ;)

 I hope you enjoy the photos! Please feel free to share and pin them, just please make sure they link back to this post so people can see the other photos as well! ;) Thank you!

♥♥♥♥♥














4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I just finished one of mine that I started around in 2010. I know how you feel. It's great to finally complete a large project and your colors are divine!!

    (((Hugs)))
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eileen!!! Thank you *so* much! :) I appreciate your comment and taking time to view the photos! :) Happy crocheting! :) Hugs back atcha! ~ Dawn

      Delete

  2. Hello! I wanted to let you know that I really enjoy visiting your blog and I have nominated you for the Liebster award! Check out my blog entry at http://needlesandwool.blogspot.ca/2014/05/liebster-award.html to see the award!
    Beautiful throw I love the colors!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa! :) You are such a sweetheart! Thank you so much for this nomination! :) I appreciate it and you! :) ♥ Dawn

      Delete

Comments are the best! Please feel free to say hello and join the conversation. :) I always love hearing from old, new and familiar faces ;)
♥ Dawn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...