Monday, March 18, 2013

Spicy Chicken Breasts for the Crockpot - Paleo Friendly




In my quest to find a Paleo friendly recipe for the family I happened upon My Paleo CrockPot and a recipe called Chicken Thighs with Almonds and Olives. I was very excited to see I had a compilation of ingredients much like the recipe and decided it was time to blog a Paleo friendly recipe to you! Apparently complete with pictures ;).

Spicy Chicken Breasts for the Crockpot

Ingredients:
2.5 - 3lbs chicken breast
8 jalapeno stuffed olives, any kind would work - take note the flavor will change with different kinds
1/2 cup raw almonds, half or wholed
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 medium sized onion, chopped
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp pepper

Put all the ingredients in the crockpot and cook on KEEP WARM for 8 hours or until the chicken is done. Them chicken breasts will be super tender... oh.. yea ;) Serve warm and enjoy! :)

Ingredient Spread! 

8 Jalapeno Stuffed Olives

Chopped Jalapeno Stuffed Olives

1/2 Cup Raw Almonds

1 Garlic Clove

1 Garlic Clove Minced

1/2 of a Medium Sized Onion Chopped

3/4 cup chicken broth (apparently I skimped a little ;))

1/2 Tsp Cumin, 1/2 Tsp Chili Powder, 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper

As you add your ingredients - they might pile up just like this! :D Don't forget your spices! ;)

All the goods are in there! 
On KEEP WARM  -  this is what it looks like 8 hours later... nom nom nom...

I served the chicken with some cooked carrots smothered in butter to add veggies and some color!
Now that's what I call a complete meal! :) 
 


*****

Looking for more Low Carb chicken or crock pot recipes? 
Since posting this recipe I've started a foodie blog! 

Find more low carb CHICKEN RECIPES HERE. 

Find more low carb CROCK POT RECIPES HERE. 

*****

2 comments:

  1. This looks yummy! my family is really into cooking with the crockpot as well. I might try this recipe out, I am getting interested in cooking lately :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! :) The crock pot is such a time saver for me! That's exciting to hear your family is breaking their crock pot out as well! :) I'd love to know how it turns out for you if you try it! :)Cooking is a quick outlet for creativity so I really enjoy it :). Thank you so much for your comment miss! :) ♥ Dawn

      Delete

Comments are the best! Please feel free to say hello and join the conversation. :) I always love hearing from old, new and familiar faces ;)
♥ Dawn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...