Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Visitors Refuge



Patrick (my brother) is coming over!!! ^.^ Last time he was with us he had to suffer a couch - T.T I decided I was going to make up the room for him ALL cozy like ^.^



Not to my surprise once I showed my husband he said we should move into this room ^.^ lol - this is in the lower level of the house and I'm not one to prefer a basement room. This room has windows though!



Nothing has been painted since we moved in ( though I do have all the painting supplies in hand to do it! lol ).... so this will all be taken down at some point and then put back up... still so much work to do - but I needed to "nest" O.~ ... just a bit ^.^

I want to sleep there! o.~ hope my brother enjoys it ^.^ Snug as a bug in a rug ^.^



Here is other corner of the room ^.^ ready to read a book? ^.^ I am! O.~

The wall that you do not see in any of the pictures is where the door and the closet is.

This really isn't much of a "before" pic since nothing was done to the walls or carpet (beyond numerous runs of shampooing and cleaning :p) but this was the canvas I had... and this is the only pic I took before I added anything, probably 5 months ago.



JUST Realized this is worth noting - ALL pieces you see - the metal pieces on the wall, the candle holder, the lamp, the chair, the mirror, the tiny lamp, the SPACE HEATER, the chair, the mattress AND the bed skirt - ALL FREE through friends or from freecycling! ^.^ the pillows and bedspread I had for years and the roses on the wall were dried from the husband ^.^. The champagne bottle in the window was from our wedding ^.^ AND the candles are hit n miss... some free some from the family.

All to say and encourage you to take heart, you may have to do some hunting and running around for stuff but it can all come together simply and elegantly ^.^

Thank you for reading! ^.^

2 comments:

  1. I bet your brother will be super comfy! I am in the process of buying a house right now, and I hope not to procrastinate painting, because if I put it off at all, it will never get done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!~

    You have been nominated for a blog award.. Check out my blog at http://djstoreroom.blogspot.com for more information...

    Regards
    Diana

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the best! Please feel free to say hello and join the conversation. :) I always love hearing from old, new and familiar faces ;)
♥ Dawn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...