Friday, January 15, 2010

Beaded Knit Bag - used size 0 needles (o).(O)






it's done! it's done! it's done!

*whew*

It's taken more than a year for me to complete this baby. Granted I didnt' sit down and do it from start to finish, I have done many other pieces between the start and finish of this one (believe me;) lol)

Originally it was a test pilot as I have a friend who was getting married at the end of September 2008 and I was thinking I could make one for her to use on her wedding day.

lol - yeah right ;) clearly I did not make the deadline even for the test pilot so she didn't get one - but her wedding was still as lovely as ever! :) Outdoor wedding, and well, they are in love so it was pretty friggin beautiful :) (SO happy for her :) *beams*)

I did give her a few bracelets of mine I'd made when we had out girls pow- wow just the two of us (so she did get something from me, something she could wear everyday ;) ). We stayed up doing our nails and talking like we used to when we were in Junior high :). I live states away from her now and have for several years so needless to say it was a very, very sweet time for the both of us :). Oh! For their wedding they each had only one person stand up with them... and she picked me to be her one and only bridesmaid :) le sigh... such a sweet time :).

I knit this purse with size 0 knitting needles and thread the beads as I went. Once the main portion was done, I crochetted the edges together and went on to add ruffles and a button for closure.

Alright folks, that's the beginning and end of the story (so far!) for this little beauty :). Thank you for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the best! Please feel free to say hello and join the conversation. :) I always love hearing from old, new and familiar faces ;)
♥ Dawn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...